Monday, September 24, 2007

Fruits from Davao

It is the fruit season in Davao. These mangosteen were just P20 a kilo which I bought beside the Assumption church in Davao City. A few days later on the way home we passed by Magsaysay -a row of fruit stalls, the mangosteens are sold at P30 to 40 pesos per kilo. I guess it was a touristy area that is why it is a bit expensive. I read from Market Manila that these only sold for P18. Last week I learned that they sell for as much as P70 in the Novaliches market.

This is one of my favorite fruits. I love the sour-sweet natural flavor.

This image of durian was taken right after the family ate the fruit. This was the first time that I ever brought durian on a plane to Manila. I really do not know how to tell which one is really good because I am not a durian eater myself. But the MIL is requesting for it. Durian was selling for P30 per kilo at the Magsaysay fruit stalls in Davao. I was able to buy P25 per piece. I had some trouble packing the fruits in boxes. Good thing the staff at Crown Regency were very helpful.

I learned from a friend who said that the cure to the most common ailments that manifest in one season can be cured by the fruits that are in season.

But I dont think I will be a durian eater anytime soon.