Thursday, March 8, 2007

tom yum cum shabu shabu


Last week I still have these shabu-shabu ingredients which includes crab balls, lobster balls, fish cubes that we bought from Suki Market. Now, I really do not have any soup base in the house except for my Thai tom yum soup paste which I bought from Shopwise. Well I decided to experiment and this is the result.First I sauteed the tom yum paste in oil until fragrant, then I added some mushrooms and the shabu-shabu balls. You can buy these at Ongpin and Suki Market. There are some sold at SM Hypermart. I slowly added some water. My friend Honey gave us some tom yum cubes from Thailand and I added just one cube. I let everything boil until cooked. The one in the picture about on the wooden spoon is a lobster ball. The dish turned out very spicy and a bit sour like that of tom yum but more on the spicy side. It actually looked like Lhaksa. Yum.