Sunday, August 5, 2007

Ilog Maria, akapulko atbp

After a workshop in Mendez, Cavite we passed by Ilog Maria farm. It is located in Silang Cavite. We almost missed the turn coming from Tagaytay there is a sign to the right onto a dirt road. I would guess about 1km towards the farm outlet. But when you get there the shop is a well spring of handmade honey products that range from soaps, spa, beeswax, oils.

Basic mountaineering requires one to use biodegradable soaps in the outdoors. Common sense will tell you that the chemicals in commercial soaps can kill the living things in our rivers. In the early 90's we use ivory. But now there are a range of products that one can use.

Above, I bought insect repellent made from citronella and other fruit oils P60. I love this item specially for Isay when we are in the outdoors--goodbye to ddt. I also bought eucalyptus bath gel from the spa line P70. Another item is the probiotic immune system booster which i will blog about in a future post.


These biodregradable soap I bought from Women and Ecology center. These are handmade soap by the group of local women in Muzon,Cavite for their livelihood project. Akapulko grows there in the farm. I will make a future post on this one. The other soaps are papaya (orange), then oatmeal (white with brown specs), then the green one is citronella which Ms Jovy gave to me as a gift before.

One great discovery is the feminine wash below (round dark brown) P45 from Ilog Maria. This one made from honey propolis. I gave one to Aling Lina of Romblon. It smells really fresh and good I want to press the resin. sobrang natuwa pinang gigilan ba hehehe.