Tuesday, March 13, 2007

garlic tuna and green mango salad

We had dinner at Honey's last week and she served us with the usually favorites, kare-kare, inihaw na liempo, pancit, and a special tofu meal for the vegetarians. She also made a huge serving of Thai catfish salad. It was really good. I usually order catfish salad when I am at Thai Kitchen or Muang Thai.

I was inspired to make my own. When we did our groceries I saw these fresh green mangoes at Eunilane so, I bought some. I can't resist. Since I do not have catfish in the house, I used canned tuna. I chopped lots of garlic and sauteed the tuna flakes until crispy. I peeled the green mangoes and cut it into thin stips. Then I just topped the crispy garlic tuna over the mangoes. I used kalamansi and patis as dressing. It turned out really good.

This simple recipe can be one of your salads next camping trip :)