Monday, February 26, 2007

homemade potato chips

Last Sunday, I made some potato chips. I rediscovered that this is such a treat specially when it is still warm from the pan and sprinkled with just the right amount of iodized salt. It is not commercially packed unlike the usual chips from the grocery. Its environment friendly because you don't contribute to the non-biodigradable waste.

I really did not have time to buy any snack before we went out. When I checked out the fridge, actually on top of the fridge there are these couple of old potatoes, soon to say goodbye. Then it hit me. I decided to make the chips. I used two medium sized potatoes. I washed and peeled, then thinly sliced them. Dropped them in these very hot pan with oil. Just be careful not to overcook or burn. Constantly toss them around to even out the browning. Remove from pan, serve it on a plate or place in reusable plastic containers if you are bringing them out. This is a good snack to bring along to a picnic or any fun climb.